Accessibility statement for Orion Travel Insurance – oriontravelinsurance.ca
Orion Travel Insurance is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility.
Orion Travel Insurance has taken the following measures to ensure accessibility of oriontravelinsurance.ca:
- Included accessibility as part of our digital design and development processes
- Employed formal accessibility quality assurance testing procedures and methods
- Conducted internal and/or external accessibility assessments
- Provided accessibility training for our staff and on a continual basis when required
- Included accessibility as part of the standard requirements for our third-party vendors
- Assigned clear accessibility targets and responsibilities on areas which requires improvements
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Oriontravelinsurance.ca is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 Level AA. Partially conformant means that due to certain limitations, some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology.
Oriontravelinsurance.ca is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Google Chrome with JAWS and NVDA on Windows 10
- Firefox with assistive JAWS and NVDA on Windows 10
- Microsoft Edge with JAWS and NVDA on Windows 10
- Apple Safari with VoiceOver Utility on Mac OS Catalina and Mojave
- Google Chrome with VoiceOver Utility on Mac OS Catalina and Mojave
- Apple Safari with Voiceover Utility on Apple iOS and iPadOS 14 and 13
- Google Chrome with Voiceover Utility on Apple iOS and iPadOS 14 and 13
- Google Chrome with TalkBack on Android 11 and 10
Oriontravelinsurance.ca may not be compatible with:
- Internet Explorer 11 and older
- Browsers versions older than 2 major versions
- Operating systems for desktop computers older than 5 years
- Operating systems for mobile devices older than 3 years
Accessibility of oriontravelinsurance.ca relies on the following technologies to work with the combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives.
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
- Users may have issues accessing some of our content pages and contact us form with assistive technologies. We are currently working diligently on resolving such issues. If you require assistance in information about Orion Travel Insurance, please contact us at 1-855-674-6684.
- Third-party websites and tools: We may use third-party tools or plugins to support certain functions on our website. Whenever possible, we have customized such tools to follow compliance standards, however at times, such customizations options may not be available. We have made effort in limiting the use of such tools to lower the impact of possible disruptions.
Orion Travel Insurance assessed the accessibility of oriontravelinsurance.ca by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of oriontravelinsurance.ca. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers.
Phone: 905-771-3000 Ext. 25043
Address: CAA Privacy Office, 60 Commerce Valley Drive East, Thornhill, ON L3T 7P9
We try to respond to feedback within 3-5 business days.